Sweet potato wedges
Packed full of flavour these sweet potato wedges are easy to make a great side dish or snack.
20 mins 3 ingredients $0.50 / person
Oven and oven try.
Serves = 6
- 2 medium (about 1 kg) sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or spray oil
- Pepper, salt and fresh rosemary (optional)
It’s this easy
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Give the potatoes a good scrub and rinse with water, there is no need to peel them.
- Cut the sweet potatoes crossways in half, or thirds if they are very large.
- Then cut into thin wedges.
- Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil and pepper.
- Spread the wedges out on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for ~15- 20 minutes until golden and tender.
- Try adding some chopped fresh rosemary or thyme for a herby burst of flavour
- Short on time? Cut thin wedges and they will cook more quickly. You can cut the wedges ahead of time too. Store them covered with water in a container in the fridge for up to 24 hours. This way they won’t discolour, when you are ready to cook them simply drain off the water toss with oil and pepper and bake.
- Make up a mixture of greek yoghurt and sweet chili sauce to serve as a dipping sauce.
Ok for low FODMAPS if having less than 1/2 a cup