Fast, Delicious & Nutritious – Zucchini & Fetta fritters
These are super tasty, super quick and super versatile. You can eat them warm or cold, on the run, with a salad or in a wrap. They make a great breaky with a poached egg and some grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, or a throw together lunch for work or the family. Feel free to add some protein on the side – roast chicken or grilled salmon would be delicious.
Total prep and cooking time is only 20 minutes.
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- handful of fresh dill
- 2 lemons with zest grated
- 1 large egg
- 40g fetta
- 3/4 cup plain flour (gluten free or rice flour if you chose)
- salt & pepper
- Coarsely grate the Zucchini into a bowl, add 1/2 the dill, lemon zest, egg and 3/4 of the fetta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 1/2 tb of olive oil. Cook the fritters in batches – a large tablespoon per fritter. It should only take about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve with a mixed salad, in a wrap or cold. You can sprinkle the extra dill and fetta on top and squeeze a lemon on top when serving.
You can of course make extra and freeze them – that way you will not have to think about what is for lunch for a few days.
Makes 9 fritters.
*note: I have altered the recipe so they are a little less sloppy. The lemon zest flavour was a highlight.